In today’s tech-savvy world, if you’re not keeping up with the InsurTech revolution, you perhaps need to reassess your choices because, to quote a line from the satirical comedy – Talladega Nights, “If you’re not first, you’re last.” And when you consider another quote by none other than the father of electricity himself – Benjamin Franklin, (who also happened to be the first organizer of an American insurance company back in 1752), “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest;” it’s almost like old Ben had an inkling of the role technology might play in the future of insurance – and just about every other industry for that matter. This is particularly true for claims adjusting and it’s safe to say that technology has become an adjuster’s best friend and most valuable tool outside of their own knowledge and empathy. Here are some reasons why:
1. Automation = Efficiency – If you’ve been around long enough, you might recall the arduous process of completing forms, taking notes and drafting claim reports by hand. Armed with a pen and a clipboard (and hopefully – legible handwriting), the process of adjusting a claim was a lengthy, painstaking process. Cue the violins for the adjusters of old who had to manually wade through and organize mountains of paperwork for every claim. The evolution from that to word typewriters, word processers, computers and now just about any kind of hand-held device you can imagine – what a difference a few decades make!
2. Claims Processing / Estimating Software – Can you even imagine a world without Xactimate or Symbility? It’s hard to believe that the first version of these estimating platforms wasn’t mainstream until the mid 80’s. Such platforms and others like it, have streamlined estimating processes, freeing up adjusters to focus on more important parts of the claim – like customer service.
3. Digital Document Management – Those mountains of paperwork yesterday’s adjusters had to wade through, also had to be organized, filed, managed and retrieved when necessary. But today’s high-tech document management systems practically do all the work for you with the click of a keyboard or tap on a tablet. And with sophisticated security and information backups keeping confidential information safe and easily accessible – it’s not just a streamlined system, it’s a more compliance-friendly one.
4. Elevated Communication – Technology-enabled communication with policyholders, contractors and other adjusters has transformed the adjusting process completely. Adjusters can share or obtain key information between claimants, vendors and other stakeholders virtually – in an instant. And legions of adjusters with claim specific expertise can be deployed to catastrophe or other loss just as quickly via an app on a smartphone.
5. Enhanced Safety – If you thought Amazon was the only one benefiting from drone technology, think again. Camera-equipped drones can offer aerial views of roof damage without the adjuster stepping one foot on a ladder. In areas hit hard by catastrophic events, this type of virtual adjusting tool can substantially decrease safety risks, while simultaneously improving claim cycle times.
It’s not an understatement to say that technology has been a total game changer to the industry as a whole. In fact, the evolution of the claims adjusting process continues to evolve and the number of InsurTech companies continues to grow, bringing even more innovation to the industry. In order to stay ahead of the curve, companies must continue to evolve and also continue expanding their technical tool kits. That’s where Eberl On-Demand and CATI come in!
Eberl On-Demand is a people-first platform that mobilizes Eberl’s full suite of services via a self-service, user-friendly, online portal equipped with real-time mapping and deployment, advanced data-driven AI tools and technology, and a customizable dashboard designed to simplify processes, provide key insights and an elevated user experience.
CATI – short for the Claims Adjuster Training Institute. Featuring two state-of-the-art facilities totally 26,000 sq. ft, CATI offers world-class training to enhance the skillsets of all claim professionals, from brand new adjusters to seasoned veterans – customized to each carrier’s unique guidelines.
For over 30 years, we’ve been working to become the industry’s most trusted partner and now, we’ve reimagined how we do things. How? By investing in technology that streamlines the claims process and in the education of our entire team of MVPs. The result? Customized claims solutions from a dedicated team of professionals providing – expertise you can depend on, empathy during every interaction, and efficiency at every level of service.
Contact us today to learn more about how Eberl On-Demand and CATI can redefine excellence in claims for your team.