Read on for some wisdom from our Administrative Operations Team! This department is effective, efficient and is responsible for a multitude of tasks- so they know a thing or two about team work 🙂
Strive to be part of a TRUE TEAM!
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” – Henry Ford
Being part of a true team is not as easy as it may sound… As a team, we approach every disaster, challenge and project as a team venture, giving 110% to accomplish the seemingly impossible daily! We leave everyday proud of what our team achieved that day…
What makes our team successful?
- Communication – We discuss challenges openly, honestly and as a team!
- Support –We approach every project as a team venture and we all contribute to the overall success!
- Respect – We value each other and approach every interaction with kindness and understanding!
- Knowledge – We take the time to learn each of our strengths and weaknesses as well as cross train on each team member’s responsibilities. This enables us to continue to streamline processes and improve efficiency!
- Trust – We believe in our team, respect and support each other daily!
Positive Teamwork Tips
- Listen – Everyone’s thoughts are important. Take the time to understand situations from someone else’s point of view.
- Be Flexible – Things Change! Prioritize workload by assessing departmental & company needs daily.
- Be Positive – Today is a new day! What can we accomplish today?
- Be Reliable – Meet your deadlines. Fulfill your commitments and keep your team informed.
- Recognition, Encouragement & Praise –Positive reinforcement is very powerful and creates a productive work environment. Recognize the accomplishments of your team members and give them the kudos that they deserve.
- Set Expectations & Document Procedures – Create Goals and workflows to ensure projects are completed in a consistent manner and that expectations are clear.
Things to Avoid
- Emotionally charged attacks – Think Before You Speak. If you are upset, take time to collect your thoughts before discussing Issues or concerns.
- Having a negative attitude – Everyday can be challenging, remind yourself of the good things that happened instead of focusing on the bad.
- Assuming the worst & being instantly defensive – Instead of assuming that someone had ill intentions, remind yourself that we all make mistakes and in the end we are all on the same team with a common goal.
- Blame – It doesn’t really matter whose fault it is. The most important thing to remember is that we all make mistakes and the best thing we can do is learn from them and work toward correcting them together.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO STRENGTHEN YOUR TEAM?
- Understand the benefits of teamwork. Each team member should know that your team can accomplish anything by working together.
- Make your team-members feel important. Treat each team member equally! Each member of the team is an important piece.
- Encourage inputs and suggestions. Everyone’s ideas are important and valuable! Listen to your teams ideas and share yours!
- Organize team meetings/activities. Stay in touch, know what everyone is working on, encourage collaboration.
- Say Thank You! A little appreciation can go a very long way…
- Give Kudos! Recognize the accomplishments of your team mates!
“Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” –Vince Lombardi